Some of my favorite dinners are just thrown together using what’s already in our fridge and pantry. Lately I’ve been really playing with the combination of pork chops and gravy and this has been my most favorite combination yet. The apple cider vinegar adds a delicious tang quality to the delicately sweet and savory dish.
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 3 thin cut porkchops
- 3/4 apple, cut into slices
- 1/2 white onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 TB white flour
- 5 TB vegan butter
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Generously salt the chops. Heat a skillet with 1 TB Vegetable Oil and 1 TB vegan butter until heated. Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook until heated through and delightfully browned on the outside.
- Pull the chops out and add the oat milk and apple cider vinegar and flour, while stirring scrape the drippings off of the bottom of the pan. Add the black pepper and salt and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- While thickening the gravy heat another pan with 1 TB of butter, once heated throw in the apples and cook until softened. Place a new TB of butter and repeat with the thinly sliced onions until they are caramelized.
- Now put the chops back on the skillet just to heat them up. Plate the chop, then onion, then apples and top the whole lot with gravy.